Between 1947 and 1967 there was a rocket launch site near Hammaguir, Algeria, named CIEES Hammaguir and used by France for launching sounding rockets and the satellite carrier Diamant between 1965 and 1967. The first French satellite Astérix was launched from there in 1965.
Pads and runways
- Brigitte launch complex (30.7770907N, 3.0552293W), assigned to the Precious Stones experimental rockets program
- Blandine (30.8676599N, 3.0185369W), for liquid sounding rockets
- Bacchus (30.856792N, 3.123636W), for solid rockets
- Beatrice (30.876003N, 3.03978W), for missile tests
- Hammaguir AF base runway, 3000 x 45m, asphalt, no ILS