Adding random page
Can we add the "random page" link to the nav bar which seems to be standard in every wiki except this one. That's one of my favourite features of wikis. -- GIR 28 August 2005 22:28 (MSD)
"Orbiter Forum" re-directs to the wrong page. It should go to
which is the historical one.
- Urwumpe has raised this with the sysadmin. --BadWolf 15:54, 20 March 2006 (MSK)
Ozone 00:18, 26 April 2006 (MSD) Why was the main page reverted?
Random page does not work properly
The current page function seems to have a bug currently - i only can find thge articles CCAFS and the main page. --Urwumpe 01:29, 29 June 2006 (MSD)
- Fixed. The page_random field was reset to 0 for some reason. RaMan
I suggest we protect the Main Page. It's the primary target for defacement, but it's also the first thing a visitor sees when they enter the site. It's not very nice if they are presented with a defaced page. Surely they'll feel that the site is neglected. Any opinions? --RaMan 14:12, 26 July 2006 (MSD)
- I don't think its a bad idea, but it makes it of course harder for users for adding new content. So, if we do this and protect it, i would propose improving the layout of the main page to something more appealing and create a set of "portals" where any user can add content, for a special topic. So new pages can still be found, while main page does only get maybe one update per week. What about a "picture of the week" and an "article of the week" on main page? maybe we could motivate people to work more on their addon articles and tutorials. --Urwumpe 14:32, 26 July 2006 (MSD)
- Please take a look at Main Page/New. I'll swap it for the current main page soon; express your opinions now! --RaMan 18:58, 29 July 2006 (MSD)
- i like it, all critism i see is the title, maybe we should replace it with a tiny banner, so it does not look too "empty" on the screen. --Urwumpe 22:16, 29 July 2006 (MSD)