Jump to navigation Jump to search
Orbiter supports a few basic autopilot modes, which make it easier to perform many important maneuvers.
- Killrot - kill all rotational velocities. Makes the vehicle stop its rotation in the global frame.
- Prograde - orient in direction of flight
- Retrograde - orient against direction of flight
- Normal - orient 90° to the orbit plane.
- Anti-normal - orient -90° (opposite direction of normal) to the orbit plane.
- Level horizon - orient to the local horizon of the surface reference
- Hold alt - hold current altitude by using hover thrusters.
Most autopilot modes of orbiter use exclusivly the RCS, making it impossible to use them on vessels (eg planes), which don't have RCS. That includes the default ISS, but gets fixed by various addons.