Gran Canaria Airport
Gran Canaria Airport (IATA: LPA, ICAO: GCLP), (also known as Las Palmas Airport) was an official alternative (emergency) landing site for the NASA Space Shuttle.
Runways and technical information
- 03L/21R : 10,171 x 148 ft (3,100 x 45 m) — paved — lighted
- 03R/21L : 10,171 x 148 ft (3,100 x 45 m) — paved — lighted
- ILS: 03L 109.900; 21R 110.700
- APP: 120.9 MHz
- ATIS: 118.6 MHz
- GND: 121.7 MHz
- TWR: 118.3 MHz
Charts and diagrams
- charts from skyvector.com
- airport diagram from http://dc371.4shared.com/doc/hwpqRFbY/preview.html
- Astronaut Photography of Earth ISS018-E-14873
Gran Canaria drop zone
Gran Canaria drop zone is an air-launched rocket drop zone, located lat/long 27.0, -15.3.