Project home: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/
The DeltaGliderIV (also known as DGIV) was the successor to the DeltaGliderIII created by Dansteph, improving on many details of it as well as adding a more complex damage model and cargo handling to it.
- Added support for UCGO
- DX9 optimised
- Orbiter 2010 exclusive
- Support for the new UMMU models
It inherits many features from its predecessor DeltaGliderIII, being still similar in handling and use as the DeltaGliderIII. Unlike the Delta-glider Mk.4, it does not have a virtual cockpit, but this missing feature is more than offset by the detailed and complex 2D panel.
- realistic crew support:
- a living crew that realistically reacts to the flight conditions; G, temperature, cabin O2 level etc.
- you can actually kill the crew if you vent off the air in the spacecraft
- life support and alerts
- you can actually hear your astronauts breathe as you travel between spaceships.
- improved cockpit:
- realistic panels with many user-friendly and rather intuitive features
- OrbiterSound 3.5 support, offering over 40 integrated sounds.
- on-board flight computer with many displays and autopilots and ability to load user-defined ascent programs
- a complete 2D panel in three parts with many systems; life support, APU, engine etc.
- an autopilot that will help you during ascent, reentry, landing etc.
- a Check-list MFD, extended since the DeltaGliderIII
- realistic refueling that requires pilot's attention
- improved physics:
- crew can EVA and re-enter the ship
- crew can be exchanged between DeltaGliderIV and other spacecraft based on the Universal MMU SDK.
- a ship reacts to flight conditions (no more unrealistic re-entry or landing)
- the ship can become damaged by bad handling and crashes.
- the flight characteristics can be configured in a configuration program, including engine type and life support system endurance.
- improved visuals:
- The DeltaGliderIV can get damaged and turned into a wreck.
- New glowing heatshield during reentry
- reworked Delta-glider mesh that reflects the correct number of crew inside
- new hi-res 1024x1024 textures with many exchangeable textures (Skins) available
- can have many ships with different Skins in one scenario
- 3 hi-res skins included with the base package
- many external lights
- Cargo management
- The DeltagliderIV is equipped with a small cargo bay, allowing it to carry various payloads, which can be handled by the Universal MMU astronauts.
- improved configuration support:
- Full scenario editor support
- a config program that will help you set the skin, crew, payload, power, fuel, life reserve, etc.
- custom installer, no known install problems
The DeltaGliderIV is a vessel addon designed for Orbiter by Dansteph and succeeded by DeltaGliderIII. It features highly realistic and fully functional cockpit instruments, includes flight instruments along with controls for the life support system, electrical systems, and fuel systems. The DeltaGliderIV simulates a live crew which can be killed by incorrect cabin pressure, temperature or CO2 level. Unlike most vessels in Orbiter, the DeltaGliderIV is able to simulate damage due to overloads such as extreme G-forces or reentry temperature, damaging or destroying the vessel. Crew onboard a DeltaGliderIV are able to perform Extra-Vehicular Activities...(More...)