Project home: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/
Author: Daniel "DanSteph" Polli
The DeltaGliderIV (also known as DGIV) was the successor to the DeltaGliderIII created by Dansteph, improving on many details of it as well as adding a more complex damage model and cargo handling to it.
- Added support for UCGO
- DX9 optimised
- Orbiter 2010 exclusive
- Support for the new UMMU models
It inherits many features from its predecessor DeltaGliderIII, being still similar in handling and use as the DeltaGliderIII. Unlike the Delta-glider Mk.4, it does not have a virtual cockpit, but this missing feature is more than offset by the detailed and complex 2D panel.
- realistic crew support:
- a living crew that realistically reacts to the flight conditions; G, temperature, cabin O2 level etc.
- you can actually kill the crew if you vent off the air in the spacecraft
- life support and alerts
- you can actually hear your astronauts breathe as you travel between spaceships.
- improved cockpit:
- realistic panels with many user-friendly and rather intuitive features
- OrbiterSound 3.5 support, offering over 40 integrated sounds.
- on-board flight computer with many displays and autopilots and ability to load user-defined ascent programs
- a complete 2D panel in three parts with many systems; life support, APU, engine etc.
- an autopilot that will help you during ascent, reentry, landing etc.
- a Check-list MFD, extended since the DeltaGliderIII
- realistic refueling that requires pilot's attention
- improved physics:
- crew can EVA and re-enter the ship
- crew can be exchanged between DeltaGliderIV and other spacecraft based on the Universal MMU SDK.
- a ship reacts to flight conditions (no more unrealistic re-entry or landing)
- the ship can become damaged by bad handling and crashes.
- the flight characteristics can be configured in a configuration program, including engine type and life support system endurance.
- improved visuals:
- The DeltaGliderIV can get damaged and turned into a wreck.
- New glowing heatshield during reentry
- reworked Delta-glider mesh that reflects the correct number of crew inside
- new hi-res 1024x1024 textures with many exchangeable textures (Skins) available
- can have many ships with different Skins in one scenario
- 3 hi-res skins included with the base package
- many external lights
- Cargo management
- The DeltagliderIV is equipped with a small cargo bay, allowing it to carry various payloads, which can be handled by the Universal MMU astronauts.
- improved configuration support:
- Full scenario editor support
- a config program that will help you set the skin, crew, payload, power, fuel, life reserve, etc.
- custom installer, no known install problems